Translate

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Guys just don't get it


“I've had to sacrifice my job, my body, my youth, my vagina...it will never be the same,” –favorite quote from Knocked Up.

I am beyond irritated. Guys just don’t get it. Dear men of pregnant women, (or a certain man) while you drink a beer and do whatever the hell you please, I am busy being tired, hormonal, and carrying our baby. Sitting at home, not doing anything that I enjoy anymore, um because I can’t and you have no worries in the gawdamn world. I can’t do all the things I used to do, I sacrificed everything, like I said before; My education, my body, my youth.. And all I ask for is comfort and company.

Is that too hard? What have you had to give up?

Being 19 and pregnant is not fun and sure as hell lonely. I at least can’t wait until I have my baby to be with me but until then it’s a lot of bullshit to go through. Nonetheless this is the slowest pregnancy ever.

I wish guys were like sea horses and got knocked up so they could understand what it is like. For goodness sake 9ish months of feeling like you’re having your period every day of your life and then follows labor (AKA excruciating pain) for 12 and up hours???  Stretch Marks, f-ed up tits, and a vagina stretched the size of a fricken watermelon… your body is fucked. Seriously I wish men could understand this. So when I say I would like a massage because gravity is pulling my growing stomach to the ground, I would like a massage.

And while I sit and bitch about all my hormonal anger, I would like to say, I admire any single mom out there.

I feel better and I’ll leave off with one of my favorite quotes

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding,” Betty White.

No comments:

Post a Comment